How To Get Ripped Fast
By Vince DelMonte
|To have a world class fitness body, you must be muscular of course, symmetrical and balanced, and have a well defined six-pack, but most importantly, you have to get ripped and shredded to the bone! If you do not know how to get ripped fast, then we are about to discuss how weight training, proper nutrition and aerobic exercise will assist in getting a ripped, beach worthy body by next summer.
Determine Where You Are Starting Before You Start To Get Ripped
If you do not have the ripped body of your dreams than you are either one of two people:
1. The 'big guy' at the gym who looks huge in clothes but has no muscle definition when the shirt comes off. You are training like a bodybuilder, eating in a caloric surplus, getting stronger and bigger each week but would never win a fitness model show because of your excess body fat.
2. Or, are you the 'skinny guy' who thinks he is ripped because your veins are popping out of your tank top, but have no muscle mass to support your frame. Sure, your veins make you look 'ripped' to the bike club but this false sense of 'big' would only get you laughed off a bodybuilding stage.
To get ripped, you must determine whether you need to start leaning down through a fat loss program or else add muscle mass with a bulking program. You cannot be ripped if you are lacking muscle mass or lacking muscle definition. Don't chase both goals at once. I will address how both categories can learn how to get ripped fast with weight training, nutrition, and cardio.
How To Get Ripped With Weight Training
- Skinny guys should train less than 45 minutes each workout.
- Skinny guys should focus on only compound movements and no isolated movements.
- Skinny guys should focus on getting stronger by 5% every two weeks.
- Skinny guys should do no more than 1-2 forced reps to avoid wasted energy.
- Skinny guys should have there body parts split up into a maximum three day program.
- Bulky guys can train from 1 hour to 1 and ½ hours for the extra caloric expenditure.
- Bulky guys can incorporate more isolated movements for caloric expenditure.
- Bulky guys should still maintain their strength which will ensure no muscle loss.
- Bulky guys can include drop sets and pre-exhaust sets for the extra energy expenditure.
- Bulky guys can spend more time per muscle group and split their body parts over 5 days.
How To Get Ripped With Nutrition
- Skinny guys should be eating about 15 x their current body weight in calories for muscle mass.
- Skinny guys should eat at least 1- 1.5 grams of protein per pound of lean muscle mass.
- Skinny guys should be eating at least 2x as many carbs as proteins.
- Skinny guys should be getting high quality fats with each meal.
- Skinny guys should be getting extra calories through workout nutrition drinks.
- Skinny guys should have their largest meals at breakfast, pre-workout, and post-workout.
- Skinny guys should be eating large quantities of oatmeal, whole grains, potatoes, and rice.
- Bulky guys should be eating about 10 x their current body weight, in calories, for fat loss.
- Bulky guys should eat at least 1 - 1.5 grams of protein per pound of lean muscle mass.
- Bulky guys should eat a 1:1 ratio of proteins to carbs in the day.
- Bulky guys should only eat healthy fats like flax oil, olive oil, nuts, and avocado's.
- Bulky guys should only consume liquid carbs during the workout.
- Bulky guys should consume carbs only in the form of veggies and fruits.
How To Get Ripped With Cardio
- Skinny guys should only do cardio if there caloric intake is in a 1000 calorie surplus.
- Skinny guys should keep their cardio workouts as far away as possible from their weights.
- Skinny guy should keep their cardio workouts less than 20-30 minutes.
- Skinny guys should do cardio no more than 2 - 4 x a week.
- Skinny guys should perform cardio on a full stomach.
- Skinny guys should have a protein-carb workout drink ready after the workout.
- Skinny guys should avoid long, endurance-style training.
- Bulky guys should do there cardio immediately after weights.
- Bulky guys should do a mixture of long, slow cardio and interval cardio.
- Bulky guys can do cardio up to 7-10 x a week in extreme cases.
- Bulky guys should do cardio on a empty stomach for quicker fat loss.
- Bulky guys should sip on a protein drink to avoid muscle loss.
There you have it. Now you know how to get ripped fast, whether you are a skinny or bulky.
About the Author:
Vince DelMonte is the author of Your Six Pack Quest found at http://www.YourSixPackQuest.com
He specializes in helping chubby guys and gals get six pack abs without gimmicks, supplements or dieting.
© 2006-2008, Your Six Pack Quest All rights in all media reserved. You may reprint this article so long as the article and author bio are reprinted intake and all links are made live. This article may never be sold individually or as part of a package
www.YourSixPackQuest.com 2006-2019 © Del Monte Fitness Services - PO Box 40513 - 5230 Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario M9B 6K8, Canada - All rights reserved.
Questions? Contact our Help Desk